OK so just putting it out there: I am utterly OBSESSED with making friendship bracelets. They are so much fun to make and are so preeeetty! *Heart eyes emoji*
So anyway, our Totally Squee issue hit the stands today! Yaaass! But you totes already knew that, right? Hehe. If you’ve already had a chance to pick up a copy and flip through the pages, our super cute friendship bracelet tutorial may have caught your keen eye. If you want to learn how to make the adorbs knot bracelets, which are featured on the page 53, grab your bestie and follow the instructions below.
Happy crafting, TGs!
P.S. Knot bracelets are quite tricky to master, so be patient while you’re learning. Practice makes perfect!
What you need:
* Cotton thread in various colours cut into equal lengths (50cm), 4-10 strands
What to do:
- Knot strands together at the end and secure it to the edge of a hard surface (a table works great) using tape – ask the Mum and Dad first!
- Hold your first colour on the far left and take the colour beside it and form a ‘4’ with the strands, tuck colour one under colour two and form a knot, do this twice.
- Colour one has now moved one space to the right. Repeat step 2 with colour one and the next colour beside it.
- Keep going as colour one travels over to the right, until you have a complete row of that colour. Yay!
- Your next furthest colour at left is colour two. Repeat steps 2-4 to complete another row.
- Keep going! Repeat with all your colours to form a colour sequence you like.
- Finish with a plait, or tie off to secure.