Washing your hair - as simple as shampoo, condition, rinse and forget, right?
Not necessarily! Follow these simple steps to super shine your hair.
- Begin by brushing all the tangles from your (dry) tresses. This helps the shampoo and conditioner distribute evenly through your hair, and loosens any dirt and oils on your scalp so they wash out more easily.
Bonus: detangling later is that much easier!
- Shampoo your hair, but focus just on the scalp. When you rinse out the shampoo it will dilute and flow down the length of your hair. Most people have dry ends - diluted shampoo is much gentler than full strength.
- Massage your scalp as you shampoo. This will really loosen dirt and oil, plus stimulate the hair follicle for shinier, thicker hair.
- If you have oily hair, shampoo twice. Your hair will feel squeaky clean.
- Another tip for oily hair - only condition the ends. Hold your hair in a pretend pony tail and squeeze conditioner into the lengths, leaving the scalp free.
- Comb conditioner through with a wide-toothed comb, starting at the ends. You can just comb through the pony tail (as per step five), or throughout your hair, from root to tip.
- Leave the conditioner in for 60 seconds. This acts as a mini-hair treatment for super soft hair.
- Rinse well! Consider finger-combing your hair under the shower stream to ensure all the product has washed out. Not properly rinsing shampoo and conditioner from your tresses leads to build-up (i.e. dull, flat hair).
Ta Da! Follow this routine for fabulous locks!