We felt very lucky indeed to hear Disney stars Peyton List and Bailee Madison had crafted up some tasty treats for Total Girl. Now, you guys are just as lucky too because we asked the girls to share their secret recipes with us! The TG team can tell you that these recipes are seriously scrumptious. You might have spotted Peyton’s cookie recipe in the April issue of Total Girl, but Bailee was kind enough to share her delish lemonade recipe too. Check it out below!
Wizards of Waverly Place’s Bailee Madison makes Vanilla Berry Lemonade
6 cups water, divided
1 cup sugar
2 vanilla beans, seeded and split
2 cups mixed berries, washed and stemmed
1. Combine 1 cup water, sugar and vanilla beans in saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook until sugar has completely dissolved and begins to thicken slightly. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Juice lemons and strain pulp and seeds.
3. Pour sugar mixture into larger pitcher. Add lemon juice, remaining 5 cups water and berries.
4. Refrigerate 2 hours, or until chilled; add ice before serving.
In case you missed it, here’s Peyton’s recipe too!
Jessie’s Peyton List makes Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Makes: 48 (halve the volumes of ingredients in the list if you only want to make a batch of 24)
· 1 3/4 cup flour
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
· 1 tsp. baking soda
· 1/2 cup shortening
· 1/2 cup peanut butter
· 1 egg
· 2 tbsp. whole milk
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· 48 Hershey’s chocolate kisses
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate. Blend with mixer on lowest speed until dough reaches the right consistency.
2. Shape into balls, using a rounded teaspoonful of dough for each. Roll each ball in sugar and placed on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden
3. Remove from oven and immediately top each cookie with an unwrapped chocolate Kiss pressed firmly into its center.