This totally sweet recipe makes 12 cookies, perfect for a sleepover or a treat for a special occasion!
What you need:
- Extra plain flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp self-raising flour
- Icing sugar mixture, to decorate
For the raspberry cream:
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 1/3 cup frozen raspberries, thawed, mashed
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 180C or 170C fan-forced. Grease 2 x 12 hole shallow patty pans (1-tbsp capacity). Sprinkle extra flour over pan holes, then shake away to remove excess.
2. Place eggs in the small bowl. Beat until thick and creamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, beating between additions, until dissolved. Beat in vanilla.
3. Sift flours together twice onto a sheet of baking paper. Gently fold into egg mixture until just combined. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan holes.
4. Ask an adult to help you put pans in oven. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until cakes are puffed and lightly golden. Stand 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
5. To make raspberry cream, beat cream and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in raspberries.
6. Sandwich cakes together with cream. Dust with icing sugar mixture.
FUN TIP: Try replacing raspberries with blueberries!
Look our for more fun recipes in this month's issue of TG and online in our recipe section!