One for a rainy weekend afternoon!
Writing fan mail is a fun way to spend an arvo, and if you get a little creative, your letter will really stand out! Follow these steps to create fantastic fan mail.
What you need:
- a piece of patterned paper (you can create some yourself with old wrapping paper)
- a piece of brightly-coloured paper
- a brightly-coloured envelope
- a dark pen or texta
What to do:
- Cut the plain coloured paper to slightly smaller than the patterned paper, so that when glued on top, there's a one to two centimetre border around all four edges.
- Using your dark pen or texta, write your letter. Remember to:
- Write a couple of sentences introducing yourself (nothing too personal, remember they're a stranger!)
- Mention when you first started liking their music/movies/tv show and what you admire most about them
- Be polite! Remember you haven't met them in person.
- It's always cute to include a few pictures or drawings.
- If you're hoping they will write back, make sure you include a stamped and self-addressed envelope.
- On your matching envelope, carefully write the address. Make sure you add a stamp (ask Mum or Dad how many), and don't forget the post code!
- For a cute touch, glue some of the patterned paper across one corner of the envelope. So coordinated!
A few tips:
- Before you start writing on the envelope, double check you have the correct address and know how to spell everything!
- Don't fill the envelope with glitter or anything - it could spill all over the star's clothes!