Makes 16 | Eat on Special Occasions
What you need:
- 200g milk cooking chocolate
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1/3 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Soft licorice strap and M&M's Minis, to decorate
What to do:
- Break the chocolate into small pieces. Combine in a large heatproof bowl with peanut butter and cream.
- Ask an adult to help you place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat and refrigerate for at least six hours, or until firm.
- Roll tablespoons of chocolate mixture into balls. Place on an oven tray. Return to refrigerator. Refrigerate for one hour, or until firm.
- Place sprinkles in a small shallow dish. Using kitchen scissors, cut licorice into long thin strips.
- Roll each ball in sprinkles to coat. Transfer to an oven tray lined with baking paper. Insert eight licorice strips into truffles for legs, then press two M&M's Minis on the front for the eyes. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Don’t forget to prepare your guests for a scare!
Tip: soft licorice strap is available at your local supermarket in 240g packets. Use the indented lines as a guide for cutting the spider legs.