What you need:
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- 125g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 395g canned caramel Top 'n' Fill
- 2 bananas, peeled, diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Ask an adult to help you cut each pastry sheet in to six 7x10cm rectangles. Place six rectangles on each oven tray. Prick each pastry with a fork four times. Dust with icing sugar.
- Ask an adult to help you put trays in the oven. Cook for about 12 minutes or until browned and crisp, making sure to swap the trays halfway through. Carefully remove the trays from the oven. Wait for them to cool. Use a spatula to carefully press down the pastry to flatten.
- Beat cream cheese and paste in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Whisk caramel in a bowl until smooth. Stir half the caramel into the cream cheese until combined. Combine remaining caramel and water in a bowl. Stir until smooth.
- To assemble, spread cream cheese mixture evenly over six pastry rectangles. Top with banana and remaining pastry rectangles. Serve with the caramel sauce.
TIP: Assemble these delicious treats just before serving. Try substituting the bananas with fresh sliced strawberries.
Eat only on special occasions!