We LOVE Zendaya
's wrapped pony tail (from the 2014 Radio Disney Awards
). It's glam and gorgeous, and the best part? It's easy to create yourself!
Simply follow these steps for a twist on a classic high pony tail hairstyle!
- Brush your hair thoroughly to get rid of any tangles.
- Create a deep side part, then draw your hair into a super-smooth high pony tail.
- Carefully section off a 1-2cm piece of hair, from the underside of the pony tail.
- Here's the tricky part. Start by wrapping the hair around your pony tail hair elastic to cover it completely. Pop a bobby pin in, again underneath your pony tail, to fix this wrapped hair in place.
- Continue wrapping the sectioned-off piece of hair around your pony tail, in a spiral pattern. Leave enough length to wrap around the mid-section of the pony tail. At this stage this will be hard to pin completely, so ask a friend or your 'rents to hold it in place.
- Section off a second piece of hair (again 1-2cm wide) and spiral-wrap it around your pony tail in the opposite direction to the first piece. This will create the criss-cross effect!
- Use this piece of hair to wrap around the mid-length of the pony tail (over the first piece).
- Insert a bobby pin vertically into this wrapped section, again on the underside of the pony tail.
Hint: pony tail not as neat as Zendaya's? Grab some hairspray and smooth down any spiky flyaways.