What you need:
- Glue gun (always ask your 'rents for help using this)
- Colourful, thin rope
- PVA glue
What to do:
- Lay down newspaper to protect the surface you're working on.
- Using a glue gun, start by shaping the rope into any word that you wish, like ‘love’ or ‘happy’. Be careful you don't glue the rope to the newspaper!
- At each point where the rope crosses over itself, put a dot of hot glue to fix the letter in place. Leave to dry.
- Using a brush, paint PVA glue over the top. This will stiffen the rope and keep it in place.
- Leave to dry, and voila! Your rope writing is done!