This is my first time to the TG site – I’m like the new kid in school. I’m really excited and a little bit nervous but I really love making new friends – even more than I love hot chips – and they’re like my favourite thing in the WORLD. So, hi! I’m Sarah, the editor of Girlfriend mag, which is kinda like Total Girl’s older sister. I’m going to be hanging out here from now on, answering all your questions like a big sister would (cause I also happen to be one! IRL!). And since I think we’re going to be awesome friends, and friends tell each other stuff, I thought I’d share a few things about me to get us started:
- I have a gigantic family. Well, maybe not that gigantic, but I am one of five kids! I have an older sister, Kylie, then two younger brothers, Josh and Sam, and my little sister Lilly (that’s her in this pic!) They’re all super fun, even if they can be annoying sometimes ;)
- My best subject at school was English but all I ever wanted to do was write stories. I used to spend lunchtime working on a novel called “Leo the Lion” which was about my fave toy.
- If I could have any pet in the world, I’d have a unicorn. Unicorns are magical and can fly. I imagine me and my pet unicorn (who I’ll name Sparkles, because I love things that sparkle) flying all over the world together.
- My fave colour is glitter! Ok, that’s not a colour, but everything looks better with glitter, right? I also love yellow because it’s bright and sunny like I always try to be.
- My favourite thing about TG is that it makes me LOL. Plus, TG readers are the BEST.
- Taylor Swift is my imaginary celeb bestie. I met her one time and she was really, really tall. Like, really tall. She could almost lean on my head! But I love her songs, and her clothes and the fact that she really loves her fans and her BFFs. She’s just all-round super awesome.
Questions from TGs:
Did you have such a good fashion sense when you were in primary school? Paige, 11
Sarah: OMTG no way! I lived in the country so we didn’t have cool shops nearby. I mostly wore hand-me-downs from my big sis! I always loved fashion though, so I learned to be creative and made some really cool things from DIYs I saw in mags – just like in TG. I see fashion as another way to express yourself, but you don’t have to spend a lot of money to do it.
My two besties have been ignoring me, and whenever we have an assignment they pretend I'm not even there and get into a group, without even asking me. Is there anything I can do? April, 11
Sarah: Oh April, I’m so sorry that you’re having a bad time with your besties. That’s not cool. And honestly, they don’t seem like they’re being very good friends right now. I would suggest trying to talk to one of them alone and telling them how you feel. Say something like “I’m feeling really left out at the moment… have I done something to upset you?” And see what she says. If you don’t have any luck and the way they act towards you doesn’t change, perhaps think about whether you really want people like that as your friends. There are so many great people out there to meet, so start by introducing yourself to someone you haven’t spoken to before. You never know, your new bestie could be right there!