Love beachy, curly hair but don't want to use hot tongs or curling irons? Try Total Girl's hair how-to for tousled, wavy hair - it's SUPER easy, doesn't damage your hair and anyone can do it!
- Wash and condition your hair as usual. Leave your hair loose until it's about 80% dry.
- Work a small amount (about the size of a $0.50 coin) of mousse through your damp hair.
- Use a comb to create your hair part (slightly off-centre suits most people).
- Divide your hair roughly in two (doesn't have to be perfect) and loosely plait in two braids (maybe ask a friend to help).
- Spray some hair spray or beach salt spray over the plaits.
- Wait several hours (you can even sleep overnight) for your hair to dry completely.
- When you're sure your hair is dry, remove the hair elastics.
- Flip your head upside-down and gently finger comb out the braids.
- While your head it still upside-down, spritz through a little extra hair spray or beach salt spray.
- Ta da! Gorgeous, messy, beachy waves.
Tip: Don't brush or comb the finished look - it's a one-way ticket to frizz-city!